Thursday, June 12, 2014

Returning from London Below ("Neverwhere" Seems to be missing a part 1??)

Okay so I finally finished "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman. I felt like I was reading this book FOREVER. When a book takes me this long to read, it's because I just can't get into it. I think what prevented me from really digging into this book was that I didn't really start to care about the characters till towards the end of the book. I'm not sure why but I didn't find myself worrying about the welfare of these characters even though I very well should have. They went through some crazy shit. I also think I had trouble picturing some of the places since I'm not from London. Although, there are enough descriptions provided that I wasn't totally in the dark.
I did enjoy the ending. It provided closure while at the same time allowing the reader to wonder what happens after the story ends.
If you're a fan of Mr. Gaiman's you will love this book.  I wasn't super crazy about it but I didn't hate it either.
AND NEXT THE LAST BOOK IN THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS SERIES I'M NOT READY

No comments:

Post a Comment