Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I hate being right :( ("Where She Went" Part 1)

Sigh sigh sigh so I started "Where She Went" and am about half way through. Let's discuss how we don't always get what we want. At this point if you're not weary of spoilers then idk there's probably no hope for you. LET'S GO
Reading the back of the book told me I was right in my predictions for what happens to Mia and Adam although obviously not exactly how I thought. Mia goes to Julliard. Adam's band takes off. They grow apart as people do. What's so tragic about this is that it wasn't mutual. Mia grew into New York and her new life and for seemingly no explanation doesn't include Adam. He tries desperately to hold onto Mia until it's painfully obvious she's already let him go.
Since this one is told through Adam's perspective (which I like) we don't really totally know where Mia is at. We know that Adam is not doing as well as the public might think. That Mia cutting him out didn't leave him unscathed. We know that Mia graduated early from Julliard and is starting a tour and that she may or may not be dating a big shot in the Classical Community.
This book makes me so sad. I think one of the saddest things that can happen is two people going through hell just to become strangers.
Sigh but hopefully, as "If I Stay" did, this one will have a more hopeful ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment