Friday, March 13, 2015

Some Can Touch This ("Shatter Me" Part 2)

Guess what? Okay, I'll tell you. I finished "Shatter Me" earlier and I don't think I've had this much to say about a book. I feel like I have to say there may be spoilers at the beginning of all of my posts but it feels redundant sigh. Anyway LET'S GET STARTED
Okay, once again I'm going to try to not include too much of the plot. Let's just say Juliette and Adam have been on quite the journey. Also I want to say that if there is a love triangle (Juliette, Adam, and Warner) I will be very frustrated. Is it too much to ask for there not to be a love triangle in a YA series???
Also be warned Juliette and Adam like want to bang all the time. Whenever they're around each other, which is most of the time, they can't keep their hands to themselves. Goddamn teenagers.
Besides the repetition I mentioned in my previous post there were some other things about the structure (?) of this book that I find troubling. I personally don't feel connected to any of the characters. Except maybe Juliette. I can't really identify why but I think it could be that there isn't enough dialogue. I know that Warner is a terrible guy but mostly because Juliette tells me so. I don't know what it is but I feel a disconnect. It also could be because there hasn't been a face put to this Reestablishment group mentioned. And we haven't gotten a real good look at the outside world that is in such shambles. The only real evidence we have of that is when Juliette and Adam go to his house where Adam's little brother James lives.
I'm so torn because this story is very very interesting and I definitely plan on seeing it through. We'll see if I get more invested in the next book.
Just so anyone who actually reads my posts knows, I'm planning on taking a break from YA for a little while which means I won't be posting for a bit. These books may be included in a non YA book recommendation post in the future but for now I'm going to go back to my one true Adult Fiction love (Stephen King <3333). Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment