Sunday, March 1, 2015

THANK GOD ("If I Stay" Part 2)

Or whoever that I was totally right as usual (just kidding kind of).  I tore through this book like a bacon cheeseburger and just finished "If I Stay" which is by Gayle Forman I don't think I mentioned that in my previous post about this book. Without further adieu, let's commence the fangirling.
Ugh I'm having so much trouble trying to put into words why I loved this book so much. I guess I loved how obviously it's dealing with dark and tragic topics like death and loss but remains hopeful and beautiful in the end. Like it's so awful and horrifying that Mia lost her parents and little brother. That alone is traumatizing. But while in this "here but not here" state that she's in she's reminded that she hasn't lost everything, that her life can still go on. She just has to want it.
Adam's little plea to her at the end where he asks her to stay omfg  GO AWAY TOO MUCH LOVE. It was so nice to see their love develop in a way that felt organic. It wasn't love at first sight or perfect like YA lit can sometimes portray young love. The only thing that was perfect about Mia and Adam was that they fit together and once they did there was no pulling them apart.
UNLESS SHE BREAKS THEM UP IN THE SEQUEL OMFG I'm so scared to read "Where She Went" because I'm guessing Mia goes to Julliard and Adam's band does their thing and sigh stupid fictional life getting in the way of fictional love. 
 But I guess I'll find out and report back with my findings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment